Do you know sex is good for you in ways you may never have imagined? Research shows that sex has many positive health benefits. Surprising but yes sex can actually make you physically healthier and this is proven scientifically. Besides the pleasure you get during sex enjoy these health benefits.
1. Relieve your stress: According to a research done in Scotland it was found that sex reduces blood pressure and helps to relieve stress. Researchers found out that people who had intercourse frequently responded better when subjected to a stressful situation with a lower blood pressure than people who were practising other sexual behaviours or who didn’t have sex at all.
2. Get rid of aches and pains: Sex is a natural painkiller. Endorphins are chemical substances released during orgasm having properties resembling morphine and thus your pain is relieved and they make you feel good.
3. Improve intimacy: Your body releases a hormone, Oxytocin during sex and orgasms. Oxytocin is also known as the love hormone which helps you to bond and build trust and makes you feel generous towards your partner as it activates the pleasure centre in the brain.
4. Boost your self-esteem: Sex increases your self-esteem and you feel more confident in your life.
5. Get better immunity: Researchers have found out that having sex once or twice a week increase the levels of an antibody called IgA in your body that protects you from getting infections and colds so you can expect fewer colds.
6. Sleep better: Sleep well after you have sex as it has been shown that oxytocin released during orgasm promotes sleeping.
7. Strengthen your pelvic floor muscles: When women try pelvic floor strengthening exercises during sex they get dual benefit. This includes contracting muscles used to hold urine for 2 to 3 seconds then let go and then repeat. Firstly it gives more pleasure during sex and secondly it makes the pelvic floor muscles tight and strong so minimizing the risk of incontinence later in life.
8. Burn some calories: According to research every half an hour sexual activity burns 150 calories. Although not enough to shed some pounds but still it is better to lose at least some calories as every little bit helps.
9. Lower risk of Prostate cancer: Australian researchers found out that the risk of prostate cancer reduced to a third in older men who had 5 or more ejaculations per week while they were in their 20s.
10. Look younger: Testosterone and oestrogen released during sex help to keep your skin healthy and glowing with shiny hair and you look years younger than you actually are.
11. Healthy heart: Sex improves heart health and can even reduce the risk of a fatal heart attack as researchers have found.